Philosophy of Canonical Quantum Gravity
Principal Investigator: Gabriel Catren
The European Research Council (ERC) project Philosophy of Canonical Quantum Gravity announces one-year post-doctoral positions, with the possibility of an extension depending on the final evaluation. The profile of the searched candidate is that of a candidate with a strong background in pure mathematics and mathematical physics interested in the conceptual and mathematical foundations of theoretical physics.
Profile of the position: The chosen candidate is expected to work on one of the following areas:
Philosophy of spacetime and gravitational theories.
Philosophy of quantum mechanics in the light of symplectic geometry, geometric quantization and the theory of constrained Hamiltonian systems.
Philosophy of quantum gravity.Scientific environement: Laboratoire SPHERE (UMR 7219), Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) – Université Paris Diderot, Paris, France. Eligibility requirements: Eligible candidates must hold a PhD or equivalent in philosophy, physics or mathematics.
Application Procedure: Applicants are invited to submit a dossier by email (in English or French) including:
• a cover letter explaining the candidate’s research interests and her/his skills for contributing to an interdisciplinary project at the intersection between philosophy, physics, and mathematics.
• a curriculum vitae including a publication list;
• university certification of the last candidates’ degree.
• a copy of PhD thesis and a sample of other relevant writings, published or not;
• the name and electronic address of one knowledgeable scholar who could provide a recommendation letter if necessary.Scholars of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
For further information, please contact Gabriel Catren: firstname.lastname@example.org