In general, applicants should be in possession of the skills that would normally be gained by achieving an MA or equivalent in Philosophy or Logic. The doctoral stipends are for three years, they are intended to cover the period of dissertation research and writing, and they should be taken up by September 2011. Each stipend will amount to EUR 1500 of monthly salary (normally tax-free, but excluding insurance). Dissertations may be written in English or German. The official language at the Center is English, and the successful candidates need not be able to speak German.
Applications are due by March 20th, 2011, and should include:
1. A cover letter that addresses, amongst others, one's academic background and research interests.
2. A curriculum vitae.
3. A proposal for a dissertation project (3 pages).
4. A sample of written work (e.g., a seminar paper or a published article).
5. Academic transcripts from university study.
6. Two confidential letters of reference addressing the applicant‚s qualifications for doctoral research. These should be sent from the referees directly.
We especially encourage female students to apply. The Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich endeavours to raise the percentage of women among its academic personnel.
Applications, letters of reference, as well as any questions ought to be directed to
Fakultaet fuer Philosophie, Wissenschaftstheorie und Religionswissenschaft
Lehrstuhl fuer Logik und Sprachphilosophie / MCMP
If possible at all, we prefer to receive applications and letters of reference by e-mail (sent to Office.Leitgeb@lrz.uni-muenchen.de).